Odor management for people with an ostomy

Odor management for people with an ostomy





                             Get hyper keto -Get Now


Managing odors for people who must carry an ostomy bag seems to be a preponderant concern in the minds of many people. My first year in college was the moment when I became truly aware of how powerful the smell was when I emptied my ostomy bag. At that time I shared the room with three companions, and it took me about a week to realize that the bathroom was suddenly filled with scented and fragrant candles.

I felt very ashamed and then decided that I needed to find a way to handle odors when I had to empty the ostomy bag. After much research, and trial and error, I discovered some solutions that worked very well for me and helped me to hide or eliminate odors.






Diet

I discovered that certain foods caused a stronger smell in the stool and produced more gases than others. Some of these foods are:

Fish
Eggs
cheese
Cabbage
Brussels sprouts
Onions
Asparagus
Broccoli
Cooked peas
This does not mean that you should totally avoid your consumption if you really feel like it. If you want to consume foods that cause odors, you can take precautionary measures such as the use of deodorant products to eliminate unpleasant odors.

products

Drops to eliminate odors (Deodorizers): These odorless drops are placed directly in your drainable ostomy bag after emptying. It is also useful to put a few drops when replacing the bag system. I usually put between 5 and 8 drops every time I empty my ostomy bag. It is a quick and easy way to eliminate odors!
Spray to eliminate odors: This deodorizing spray is similar to drops, with the difference that it spreads through the air. A few sprays after moving the intestine will help eliminate unpleasant odors successfully.



Environment deodorants: Unlike the products that eliminate odors, the environment deodorants that are bought in local stores hide the smell instead of eliminating it, however, small packages are very suitable to have on hand in case you do not have drops or sprays to eliminate odors.
Tic Tac: Like ambient deodorants, Tic Tac hides the smell. Some customized people place one or two TicTac pins at the base of their drainable bags. Mint partially conceals the unpleasant smell.
Poo-Pourri: It is a new product on the market and offers an interesting concept. You spray the product on the toilet before going to the bathroom. An oily film forms on the surface of the water and traps the particles that cause odors underwater, allowing the bath to continue to smell clean.
Smells can be a major problem and cause shame in customized people, but limiting foods that produce unpleasant odors and using appropriate products to eliminate or hide them makes the whole thing more bearable.





Visa 1000$ Visa Giftcard- Free Now








Odor management for people with an ostomy Odor management for people with an ostomy Reviewed by Supper Rose on February 09, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.